The following books I have read and would recommend them for personal, spiritual and professional development.
Personal & Spiritual growth
- ESV STUDY BIBLE – English Standard Version – This is my new bible and I really like it. It has a lot of commentary, articles, resources, maps and Theology.
- The Holy Bible – NIV Study Bible
- Streams in the Desert – L.B. Cowman
- Our Daily Bread – RBC ministries
- Experiencing God – Henry Blackaby
- Humility – Andrew Murray
- The Calvary Road – Roy Hession
- Disciplines of a Godly Man – R. Kent Hughes
- The Practice of Godliness – Jerry Bridges
- The PeaceMaker – Ken Sande
- Returning to Holiness – Dr. Gregory Frizzell
- How to Obtain Fullness of Power – R.A. Torrey
- The Purpose Driven Life – Rick Warren
- The Man in the Mirror – Patrick Morley
- Seven Promises of a Promise Keeper – Promise Keeper
- Standing Tall – Steve Farrar
- Mentor Leader – Toni Dungy
- Quiet Strength – Toni Dungy
- Uncommon – Toni Dungy
- Heaven is for real – Todd Burpo
- Killing Lincoln – Bill O’Reilly
- Killing Kennedy – Bill O’Reilly
- Many Bible Character reviews – various authors
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People – Steven Covey
- One Minute Manager series – Ken Blanchard
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits – Verne Harnish
- Good to Great – Jim Collins
- Built to Last – Jim Collins
- E-Myth, The E-Myth Contractor and E-Myth revisited – Michael Gerber
- Dallas Cowboys is my team. They always have been and probably always will be. Sorry.
- Arizona Diamondbacks is my baseball team.
- Arizona Cardinals is my home team.
- Phoenix Suns is my basketball team.
I enjoy ……
- spending time with my family and interacting with my three grown children and their families.
- going to church and worshiping God each and every Sunday no matter where I am.
- hunting & fishing.
- target practicing or clay pigeon shooting with my sons.
- spending time at our cabin in Prescott with my wife.
- watching TV – I do not watch that much TV but I do enjoy watching some sports if my team is playing and World Series or Super Bowls or College bowl games, space movies like Star Trek.
- movies – most guy flicks – it’s a guy thing. Ooops! And some girl flicks with my wife. All Christian centered movies i.e. Facing the Giants, Fire Proof, Courageous, etc.
- Learning to fly RC airplanes.