Fire Damage Repairs Flagstaff Arizona
Experiencing a fire in your home or office can be an extremely traumatic event. Fire damage restoration and smoke removal is a complex task that should only be performed by a professional fire restoration company.
When construction materials such as glue and solvents burn, toxic gases are released. These can be extremely dangerous and should be handled with extreme caution.
At Arizona Fire and Water Restoration, Inc., our team of trained professionals will act quickly to help stop and prevent further destruction caused by smoke and water.
For more information, see our fire damage tips. Or, you can check out this topic in our blog, here.
Arizona Fire and Water Restoration, Inc. can help you recover from any fire-related disaster and get you on the road to recovery. Feel free to ask one of our experts if you have any questions about the process, by clicking here.
For immediate service, contact us at: (480) 775-8000. We’re here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fire and Smoke Damage
After fire damage, it is natural to want to jump right in and clean the building and contents. Timely action can be a great help, but incorrect action can jeopardize or impede satisfactory restoration.
- First, call Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. for quick professional service.
- Clean and protect chrome trim on faucets and other brightwork by washing with detergent and applying a coating of Vaseline or oil.
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose smoke particles from upholstery, draperies and carpeting.
- Open windows for ventilation if weather permits.
- Empty refrigerators and freezers if electricity is shut off, and prop doors open with a rolled towel or newspaper to allow air circulation.
- Pour antifreeze in toilet bowls, tanks, sink and tub drains to prevent freeze damage if heat is off in winter.
- Call a plumber to drain and blow out all water lines if heat is off in winter.
- Remove pets to a clean environment if heavy fire residues are present.
- Send a sample group of garments for cleaning and deodorization in order to observe the results.
- Retain a contractor to board up open windows, roofs, or other penetrations in order to prevent additional damage.
- Wipe or attempt to wash fire residues from walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use carpeting or upholstered furniture impacted by heavy residues or debris.
- Use food items or canned goods exposed to heat.
- Turn on computers, TV’s, stereos or electrical appliances until they have been cleaned and checked.
Emergency Board Up & Property Securing Services 24/7
Arizona Fire and Water Restoration, Inc. is proud to be a part of the Phoenix Fire Department board up program. In this program we partner with the local fire departments in offering 24-Hour Emergency Boardup services of any size. Whether it’s a home or office that has been hit by Fire, Flood, Wind or Vandalism, a Board Up is a critical step in containing and preventing further damage.
Proper Board Up can save you time and money. If the high winds of a storm send a tree crashing through your home or business, often times it won’t just suffer from the initial destruction caused by the tree. Water and other debris entering your home or office can lead to significant damage. Immediate Board Up of the exposed area will keep moisture and other irritants at bay until more extensive repairs can take place.
Time is of the essence with Board Up services. The damage needs to be assessed as quickly as possible, and this should always be done by an experienced, licensed restoration contractor. The skilled and knowledgeable professionals at Arizona Fire and Water Restoration, Inc. can help you with damage control and the repairs that may follow.
At Arizona Fire and Water Restoration, Inc. , we pride ourselves on our impeccable customer service — from your first contact with our office staff, to our certified technicians and project managers, your experience will be a positive one. Our team is ready 24 hours a day to help you with board up service and emergency repairs. Our goal is your satisfaction!
Anatomy of a Fire Loss
A large fire loss to your home is a devastating event. Often times, the homeowner isn’t sure what to do. The process is almost always unfamiliar and it’s easy to get overwhelmed and frustrated. At Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc., we’re here to help you through the steps.
Below, you can view the “Anatomy of a Fire Loss.” These photos detail the step by step process we go through in a typical fire loss. If your home has experienced a fire and/or smoke loss, let the experts at Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. help you!
Fire and Smoke Photos