Phoenix Mold Remediation and Removal
Mold is a common problem associated with leaks and flooding; furthermore, mold growth can cause damage to your property and the belongings within. Addressing a mold problem as soon as you notice it is the best way to prevent damage from spreading and restore the appearance and safety of your property. Arizona Fire Water Restoration, Inc. offers fast, effective mold remediation near Phoenix as part of our complete restoration services for homes and businesses that have sustained damage from flooding and fires.
Materials Most Susceptible to Mold
Mold requires certain ingredients to grow, including warm temperatures, a ready supply of water, and available food. In nature, mold is responsible for the breakdown of organic material; most molds prefer to consume cellulose, a plant-based fiber, which is found in many household building and decorative materials. Thus, certain areas and items in your home can be more susceptible to mold, either because of their composition or their ability to readily absorb water.
- Drywall, gypsum, wood, and plywood are all easily digestible materials for molds, and common places to discover mold growth.
- Molds can also attack paper, cardboard, and organic adhesives, as well as wallpaper and particle board.
- Mold also grows easily on painted surfaces, tile grout, and fabrics such as carpeting, upholstery, and curtains.
Tips to Limit Mold Growth in Your Home
Although you may not be able to completely eliminate the presence of mold spores entering your home from the natural environment, there are many ways you can limit or prevent mold growth in your home to protect it.
- Keep your HVAC system maintained and change your air filter regularly, which will prevent the buildup of mold spores in your ducts and prevent the circulation of spores through your indoor air.
- When remodeling or redecorating, consider using products such as paints and flooring with antimicrobial properties, which makes them less susceptible to mold growth, even if there is a flood or leak.
- Reduce the amount of moisture in your home by running ventilation fans while bathing and using your air conditioner to extract moisture from the air on hot, humid summer days.
- Have your roof inspected at least once a year to identify damage or leaks and repair them immediately, as roof damage can otherwise go unnoticed and lead to extensive water damage and mold growth before the issue is caught and addressed.
At Arizona Fire Water Restoration, Inc., we are dedicated to helping you recover from disasters so you can enjoy a beautiful and healthy indoor environment once more. Please call (480) 775-8000 at any time to discuss your needs or to schedule a mold inspection and mold abatement services.