What does my homeowner insurance policy cover? - Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc.

All homeowner policies cover loss by fire. Most policies pay for three types of damage: (1) dwelling loss (damage to the house); (2) personal property loss (damage to your household contents); and (3) additional living expenses (the cost of living elsewhere while your home is being repaired).