Things To Do After A Fire
Moving on after a house fire can seem overwhelming—in fact, sometimes it can feel downright impossible. But it doesn’t have to. Knowing where to begin and who can help you is a vital first step in putting your life back together.
If you’ve just suffered a house fire, follow these steps to help you and your family through this difficult time.
- Find a Place to Stay. House fires are a terrifying experience, especially for children and pets.
- Contact Your Insurance Agent. File your claim immediately.
- Contact the Police.
- Plan Your Finances.
- Create a List of Damaged Items.
- Check on the Safety of Your Home.
- Save Undamaged Possessions.
- Wait to Turn on Utilities.